The Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida's
The 23rd Annual Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk
Saturday, October 16th, 2021
Step Up is back in person!
The Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida is hosting the 23rd Annual Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk in person this year! Extra measures will take place to ensure the safety of our families, supporters and participants. Stay tuned for the exciting changes coming. For those unable to attend in person, a virtual option is available.
What does the money raised from Step Up support?
As the largest DSACF fundraising event of the year, the Step Up Walk provides a large percentage of the support needed for programs and resources needed for the DSACF to fulfill its mission throughout the year. Here are just a few examples of how that money may be used:
- Covers the costs of group classes dealing with essential early intervention building blocks along the lines of sign, music or occupational therapy;
- New Family Celebration, New Parent Baskets and hospital outreach;
- Family & Community Group Events to connect parents and children with each other;
- Educational Workshops to empower parents with the tools to nurture and care for the unique needs of raising a child with Down syndrome;
- Social Skills classes for teens with Down syndrome to prepare them for adulthood;
- Social gatherings and programming for adult self-advocates; and more